Module 1: Legislation
Module 2: Disability Perspective
Module 3: Alternative Communication
Module 4: Assistive Technologies
Module 5: Accessible Meetings & Events
Module 7: Document Accessibility - Word
Module 8: Document Accessibility - PDF
Module 9 - Web Accessibility
- Watch the 4:52 minute video CAPTION FAIL: Jamaican Vacation Hoax (opens new window) before coming to class to get a look at captioning and what happens when it fails.
- Watch the 1:21 minute video Getting Started: Transcribing with InqScribe (opens new window) before coming to class to get a quick overview of transcribing video files with InqScribe. InqScribe is a simple software for transcribing, subtitling, and coding video and audio.
- Watch the 1:31 minute video The Fastest Way to Transcribe Video with Keyboard Snippets (opens new window) before coming to class. The video looks at using InqScribe’s shortcuts to quickly control audio and video, and snippets to insert commonly used text to save time.
- Watch the 3:02 minute video Getting Started With MovieCaptioner (opens new window) before coming to class. This video will get you up and running quickly with MovieCaptioner on your Mac or Windows.
- Watch the 3:22 minute video Getting Started With MovieCaptioner: YouTube Captions (opens new window) before coming to class. This video will show you how to easily add captions to your YouTube videos.
- These additional videos on InqScribe (opens new window) are not required for class, but are an excellent resource when using InqScribe to caption your videos.
- The video Instructional: Teaching InqScribe Software to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (opens new window) is not required for class, but may support individuals who are hard of hearing or deaf use InqScribe software.