Module 1: Legislation
Module 2: Disability Perspective
Module 3: Alternative Communication
Module 4: Assistive Technologies
Module 5: Accessible Meetings & Events
Module 7: Document Accessibility - Word
Module 8: Document Accessibility - PDF
Module 9 - Web Accessibility
- WebAIM (opens new window) is an excellent resource for all accessibility topics. This content serves as a great intoduction to web accessibility.
- This is a simple infographic (opens new window) that highlights key web accessibility principles. A text-based version is also available.
- This infographic (opens new window) gets into more detail on the technical side of accessible web design, but provides valuable information for students interested in learning more about accessible web content. A text-based version is also available.
- The WAVE toolbar (opens new window), created by WebAIM, is an excellent tool to analyze the accessibility of a web page. This tool is free and can easily be added to Google Chrome and Firefox.
- This web accessibility checker (opens new window) will analyze any webpage for accessibility issues and produce a report.
- This WebAIM content (opens new window) provides valuable information on why colour contrast is important, and how to ensure content meets WCAG guidelines. An online checker is provided.
- This is another version of an online colour contrast checker (opens new window).